Love of these old cars

Carvice

I already mentioned to you all that I have had a love for cars, especially Chevrolets since before I could drive. God has blessed me in so many ways. Growing up as a fatherless kid with no brothers or sisters I never had a mentor to teach me mechanics, this is why this group is so wonderful with all the knowledgeable guys here. When a kid my thrill of the week on Sunday nights was watching Bonanza and looking forward to the Chevy commercials with Dina Shore singing “See the USA in a Chevrolet “ and all the beautiful new Chevys showcased. My car adventures started at 17 when my mom gifted me her 10 year old 1957 Two Ten 4 Dr 6 cyl power glide, I was thrilled. my next car when I was 18 was a Monaco blue 63 Impala SS 283 PG of course I put chrome reverse wheels on her, my buddies and I changed out the trans to a three speed on the floor with a Hurst and we added dual exhaust I bought from JC Whitney. I won’t bore you with all the Chevys I have owned over the years but let’s just say I have owned a lot of them. I recently started looking for a 409-409 but have run into many clones and the real deal ones I just can’t bring myself to purchase because of the high values. Also I guess I’m concerned as I get up in age I don’t want to burden my wife and or son in selling a 409 one day when there maybe less enthusiasts remaining to appreciate these great cars and also to be able to maintain them. So for now I’m switching gears totally and looking at a 70 El Camino SS LS 5 supposedly matching numbers and unfortunately no documentation. Wish me luck.
All the best to you all,
Bill
NJ

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 16
If you want to enjoy one find the best one in your budget and run with it. be warned there are many car that have been poorly pieced together.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I already mentioned to you all that I have had a love for cars, especially Chevrolets since before I could drive. God has blessed me in so many ways. Growing up as a fatherless kid with no brothers or sisters I never had a mentor to teach me mechanics, this is why this group is so wonderful with all the knowledgeable guys here. When a kid my thrill of the week on Sunday nights was watching Bonanza and looking forward to the Chevy commercials with Dina Shore singing “See the USA in a Chevrolet “ and all the beautiful new Chevys showcased. My car adventures started at 17 when my mom gifted me her 10 year old 1957 Two Ten 4 Dr 6 cyl power glide, I was thrilled. my next car when I was 18 was a Monaco blue 63 Impala SS 283 PG of course I put chrome reverse wheels on her, my buddies and I changed out the trans to a three speed on the floor with a Hurst and we added dual exhaust I bought from JC Whitney. I won’t bore you with all the Chevys I have owned over the years but let’s just say I have owned a lot of them. I recently started looking for a 409-409 but have run into many clones and the real deal ones I just can’t bring myself to purchase because of the high values. Also I guess I’m concerned as I get up in age I don’t want to burden my wife and or son in selling a 409 one day when there maybe less enthusiasts remaining to appreciate these great cars and also to be able to maintain them. So for now I’m switching gears totally and looking at a 70 El Camino SS LS 5 supposedly matching numbers and unfortunately no documentation. Wish me luck.
All the best to you all,
Bill
NJ
1970 SS A bodies are the easiest to clone. Chevy did nothing to make them verifiable. 69 and earlier are VIN'd but not 1970. So I am not surprised that you found a 1970 SS without documentation, it's not real SS.