Wire harnesses

63impaloligist

Well Known Member
So I'm thinking I'll have to rewire one of the cars. Now I already have 6 harnesses on the dinning room table. 3 Painless kits for the Impala cars and Biscayne. 1 for the blue Caprice and 2 race car harnesses. But I'll need another for this project. The race car ones are too small, so I'm thinking about the Speedway Motors 22 circuit harness. Does anyone here have any experience with this? Or know of someone who used it?

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Are you looking for a factory replacement wire harness or you planning a aftermarket kit?
I have installed Hot Rod Wires kits in two different cars and they are of good quality.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I've had good luck with Hot Rod Wires and Painless. And I have also bought replacement factory harnesses (M&H) when I didn't need an entire harness.

63impaloligist

Well Known Member
I'm adding a bunch of stuff to this car and there won't be real estate for a second fuse box. Plus there's some areas where the butcher went. Not that they're not repairable but it's all gonna add up to twice the work..

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
When I built my '56 Chevy straight axle gasser with the 348/434 engine, I stripped out all the wiring. I looked at several different manufacturers and one day, I went to a car show sponsored by Good Guys. I bought a wire kit made by EZ Wiring. It had 18 or 22 circuits , way more then I would ever need. Even came with a new fuse box. It didn't have the whistles and bells that other kits had, but it wasn't $500.00 either. I looked it over well and bought it for $180.00. I studied the directions for a few days and then followed them. I kept the harness together and laid it on the floor of my wagon. A lot of wire. It can be overwhelming for you if you allow it. I believe the harness was divided into 4 quadrants; engine, dash/interior, front end and rear end. I did one section at a time and checked everything before moving on to the next section. When done, I certainly had a lot of wire left over and everything electrical worked as it was suppose to. I recall the wire being color coded and labeled every 6" as to where it went. I don't want to do it again, but it really wasn't that hard. Just take your time. I would buy that kit again. Best wishes with yours, Carmine.