Pontiac

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I like Pontiacs a lot. I restored a '65 GTO 2dr hardtop and a '70 GTO convertible. I gave the '65 to my son in NC and the '70 to my daughter in Delaware. Went to the Pontiac Nationals a few years ago and watched a few days of great drag racing. I'd like to get another GTO some day, but wife and space limitations sort of limit me to the Corvette and El Camino. Truth be told, I could fit one in my much smaller garage, but I am not sure I want to enter that battle. Big torque especially with 455's. I don't like the author's list - he must be a millennial who knows nothing about cars or Pontiacs. A Fiero? Front wheel drive cars? The '63 Tempest was a transaxle rope drive - certainly not the modified car pictured. How do these people gt their idiocy published?

Attachments

• 65 gto.jpg
    65 gto.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 70 gto.jpg
    70 gto.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I like Pontiacs a lot. I restored a '65 GTO 2dr hardtop and a '70 GTO convertible. I gave the '65 to my son in NC and the '70 to my daughter in Delaware. Went to the Pontiac Nationals a few years ago and watched a few days of great drag racing. I'd like to get another GTO some day, but wife and space limitations sort of limit me to the Corvette and El Camino. Truth be told, I could fit one in my much smaller garage, but I am not sure I want to enter that battle. Big torque especially with 455's. I don't like the author's list - he must be a millennial who knows nothing about cars or Pontiacs. A Fiero? Front wheel drive cars? The '63 Tempest was a transaxle rope drive - certainly not the modified car pictured. How do these people gt their idiocy published?
That tempest was one of a handful made, just like the Z11 guy ( Tim binko) where I grew up bought one out of a trailer park ( aluminum front end and all) at least 1/4 million dollar car. They missed one of the fastest as well in the 1989 Indy addition. Trans am with the turbo gn engine. Missed my chance at one of those when I was 25 and not thinking

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Mike! The reason i asked was either a 68 or 69 400 4spd. showed up on Dads lot with that setup so i took it out on a test drive and i was very impressed. ThIs was probably 1970 71. I’m not even sure it was a 400 or not other than thats what it said on the hood. I learned real quick that you didn’t drive it like a small block Camaro. This car was fast. Really needed slicks!:)

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
After I sold my Chevrolets I began collecting Pontiac's, never had much interest in the GTO's but I love 59 to 64 Catalina's and Ventura's. Here is a photo of my current collection with the exception ofpontiac collection.jpg my 59 which is in the shop being restored. All in this photo are tri power and all are 4 speed. The 59 is a 3 speed manual, unlike Chevrolet, Pontiac's didn't get the 4 speed until 1960.

wristpin

Well Known Member
After I sold my Chevrolets I began collecting Pontiac's, never had much interest in the GTO's but I love 59 to 64 Catalina's and Ventura's. Here is a photo of my current collection with the exception ofView attachment 101091 my 59 which is in the shop being restored. All in this photo are tri power and all are 4 speed. The 59 is a 3 speed manual, unlike Chevrolet, Pontiac's didn't get the 4 speed until 1960.
Just going to tease us or show more of each?