pics of car collection

61 vert

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Here are a couple of pics of the car collection of the guy that I help out from time to time.Every year Chevy vert from 1920 to 1970 including 1942,5 57's,3 55's and 2 58's.
117-1793_IMG.jpg

117-1792_IMG.jpg

117-1791_IMG.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
I can't believe how similar this place looks to the inside of my garage. Yeah right! :eek:

That's no average Joe car collector. There is some serious money to do what he's done. Last name wouldn't be Leno would it? :D

The only thing that worries me when I see so many "eggs" in one basket is what happended to Reggie Jackson. Can you even imagine the loss if a fire broke out. Ok, I can't even think of that any more. :cry Forget I said anything...

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
That is the greatest collection of cars. Being a worshiper of all things with tops that go down. AWESOME.
is that collection ever available to the public to view??

The only thing that worries me when I see so many "eggs" in one basket is what happended to Reggie Jackson. Can you even imagine the loss if a fire broke out. Ok, I can't even think of that any more. :cry Forget I said anything...

Jeez Bob, don't jinx it.:eek:

Now you need to do some sort of spiritual ritual to un-do it.
Maybe pour a quart of 10w 40 in a circle and dance and chant holding a distributor in one hand and a cam shaft in the other.
:D

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I think there is somebody in North Dakota who has one of every year chevrolet full size too. But I dont think the cars are as nice, and they are not convertibles.
:dunno

61 vert

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Woodie thing?

The woody thing is a Chevrolet Huckster(spelling).Like a vending truck for selling produce or something like that."Supposed" to be the only one. Very well could be.
The building is all concrete with sprinkler system in the ceiling,thus fire should not be an issue.
This is a private collection and not open to the public.Next year I would like to convince him to host a car show at this location and open up the doors for a day to the public.He does alot of charitable things for the community,and this would be a great draw for a car show to benefit the locl city historical society.Plenty of room to have a show on the private golf course where this is located.
He does have the 2 t-birds, but the one you see is temporarily filling the spot that is waiting for the 61 vert that I am finishing up this month.
Maybe I should snap some more pics and post just to tease you guys just alittle?

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
The woody thing is a Chevrolet Huckster(spelling).Like a vending truck for selling produce or something like that."Supposed" to be the only one. Very well could be.
The building is all concrete with sprinkler system in the ceiling,thus fire should not be an issue.
This is a private collection and not open to the public.Next year I would like to convince him to host a car show at this location and open up the doors for a day to the public.He does alot of charitable things for the community,and this would be a great draw for a car show to benefit the locl city historical society.Plenty of room to have a show on the private golf course where this is located.
He does have the 2 t-birds, but the one you see is temporarily filling the spot that is waiting for the 61 vert that I am finishing up this month.
Maybe I should snap some more pics and post just to tease you guys just alittle?

Maybe we could schedule a "meet" there next year and have a publicity event with it. It might help the west coast car owners since the blue suede is a little on the eastern half of the country. I can see Fatride lighting up the center 60 feet:roll :roll And Tom K could unload his basement in the building for all to see!
Robert
Of course this won't bring the Texas group but by next year Phil and everyone else will have bought everything in that state.
Anyway think it over 'cause we could respect his collection

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ok,,, It has to be me !!!

SICK,,, very SICK,,,

Sorry but I think the car hording thing is a sign that you have way too much money,,

I mean ,, how can you even begain to appreciate those cars when you have so many of them.
I would bet this guy just fills out a check to add to the collection !

I would much rather see a garage that has just a couple of cars that the owner cherishes, drives and makes love to with his polish cloths as he rubs his hands over every inch of his prided automobile !!!

Sorry,,, that makes me sick,,,,, dq

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ok,,, It has to be me !!!

SICK,,, very SICK,,,

Sorry but I think the car hording thing is a sign that you have way too much money,,

I mean ,, how can you even begain to appreciate those cars when you have so many of them.
I would bet this guy just fills out a check to add to the collection !

I would much rather see a garage that has just a couple of cars that the owner cherishes, drives and makes love to with his polish cloths as he rubs his hands over every inch of his prided automobile !!!

Sorry,,, that makes me sick,,,,, dq

Yup, kind of like when I see a rich man with a harem of beatiful women, just makes me sick! So off to my garage to rub every inch of my pride.:roll :roll

61 vert

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
If you could.

He is doing what you would if you had plenty of cash.Would you want other car guys bad mouthing and flaming you if you could afford to do it.:dunno .I think passing judgement on someone without knowing them or the facts surrounding the situation is very narrowminded and to do it to a fellow car enthusiast is even worse. Shame on you.If that's the sentiment of the majority on this site,(and I don't think it is)Then there is no need for me to share any more pics or information from this guys collection,since he obviously doesn't know anything or care about classic cars.I am not mad but it grinds on me a little the way some people assume that because a man has money he isn't genuine and generous.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Wow!

Thanks for sharing those pics. Such a fine private collection, and mostly Chevrolets!

I always get more engaged when I see folks like this, inspires me to keep adding to the collection :). If I could approach the square root of this fella's collection, I would be proud. He seems to have quite a spectrum of years, with fine representations from each year. I'll have to be content to stick to 1961 though 1963, with maybe a few examples of each. Maybe I need to start looking in Texas, Ive heard there are lots of rare parts there? :).

Thanks!

TomK

I am assuming this particular collection is in Iowa...

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
He is doing what you would if you had plenty of cash.Would you want other car guys bad mouthing and flaming you if you could afford to do it.:dunno .I think passing judgement on someone without knowing them or the facts surrounding the situation is very narrowminded and to do it to a fellow car enthusiast is even worse. Shame on you.If that's the sentiment of the majority on this site,(and I don't think it is)Then there is no need for me to share any more pics or information from this guys collection,since he obviously doesn't know anything or care about classic cars.I am not mad but it grinds on me a little the way some people assume that because a man has money he isn't genuine and generous.

Absolutely. Envy is one thing, jealousy another.
I for one would love to see more of his fine collection.