NOS 348 tri power valve cover?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
For sure a one year only 58 valve cover - only 348 or 409 valve cover with rounded ends ( vs sloped ends on all
other years 348 & 409 valve covers)

john wise

Well Known Member
I have a set just like them. Notice there are no tab slot cutouts to hold the gasket in place. there is a thin rail welded inside the valve cover to hold the gasket in place. 1958 for sure.

catdoctor

Well Known Member
These valve covers were on the early 58 348 I put in the 56. Anyone know the year? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1097.jpeg
    IMG_1097.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 26

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
From what I know, 59 or newer truck. Judging by the sloped ends & center wire looms. No small loom tabs. Maybe trucks did not use them???
Jeff

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just looked at 5 different truck covers. None of them had the small 2 wire loom. Just the large centered 4 wire. All sloped ends. Not sure if there was a rounded end 58 truck version.
Jeff

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
There is no height advantage, the only extra room is at the end because of the shape. Center cover is 59 up style. But can someone elaborate on the difference in loom height of the 2, 58's. The short loom/right cover looks to tall for a tri power cover.
Jeff

Attachments

• 58VC1.jpg
    58VC1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 58VC2.jpg
    58VC2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The 58 3x2 aircleaner sat taller on its longer stanchions since it had more hood clearance than 59 and later.

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
From what know the tri power covers had the wire looms shorter. Getting the wires to just barley clear the cover body. On the short loom cover that I have the loom looks taller than a "tri Power" cover. ???????? And I have 2 different heights between L & R. Maybe a GM vendor thing??? But the vendor would have had prints to go by.
Jeff