Edelbrock Headers For The 'w'

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice headers for roadster, coupe,, or low performance x-frame car. Too small and poor design for high performance. JMO

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Look like a good slight step up from HP exhaust manifolds.

Interesting the motor picture has a single 4 intake!

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't know. They don't look as effective as a good long tube performance header. They may be needed for a tight engine compartment in an old street rod but I'd rather have a set of the Hi-Horse 63-64 425 HP exhaust manifolds. I think those #925 and #926 factory manifolds are the most beautiful, highest flowing manifolds that Chevrolet ever put on a car during the musclecar era, and that includes all engines.....SBC,BBC and W's. I bet they work better than most headers.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
The mystery motor has 2 piece cast headers if I remember. Those are the coolst in my book. The w motor cast headers are a close second.

BARRYS770

Supporting Member 1
Show Cars has these headers listed @ $409.00 for uncoated & $499.00 coated. Jegs & Summit has them listed on their website for $20.00 more.

Barry

dean409

Well Known Member
These are nice, but still way out of a working guy's budget.:grumble: At least mine.
I'm going to go the swap meet Camaro headers adapted to a W header plate for my Chevy II. Start with some 1-7/8" tubers, at least for an initial template if nothing else.
I'm surprised no one makes regular small tube headers for these. The Hookers are impressive, but not everyone needs headers like that for their W.