Do we dare trust our lithium battery powered tools???

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
No, I don't trust those batteries. I've read a lot of bad articles about them. I still use them but I put them together in a large steel bucket and place the bucket by itself, near nothing flammable. I'm probably paranoid, but that's ok. Just trying to be safe. Also, from what I read, many explode and start fires when they are being charged. I'm also cautious in doing this. I like the convenience of an electric tool, but it comes with a price , Carmine.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
More house fires happen from poorly maintained cars catching fire in garages then Lithium battery powered cars catching fire so far. If you want to be afraid of something, remember that car you pulled into your garage gas or electric is always one flaw away from burning your whole house down. We actually get a discount on our home owners insurance for having detached garages. I'd love to attach one of them but it would really change our property and our insurance would sky-rocket.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Even if you avoid lithium or any other rechargeable batteries, you can bet your neighbors won't so it really doesn't matter. Plus the EV they parked next to your house and the tesla batteries connected to their mandated solar panels?? No way to win that one.