'62 Rear Seat Interchange?

62BillT

Well Known Member
Trying to find out what rear seat will interchange with a '62 Impala 2-Dr Hardtop. I originally figured '61 to '64, but someone mentioned '61 and '62 only. Any info would be apppreciated.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
A small part of the comparison

I have the rear seats out of a 1961 Bel Air sport coupe (Bubbletop) and a 1962 Bubbletop, and they appear to be the same. I have seats in a 1962 Impala, but am not able to compare at the moment. Ask me in a week or so and I will have those out as well :)

Not sure about the other years, as I try to stay focused on (lots of) 61s and 62s :) :) :)

Cheers,
TomK

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
BBQ

BBQcruising:

Sorry to report that they are for each of the cars which I am restoring. They are somewhat challenging to restore, especially those "piano strings" that always seem to get corroded :(

Best,
TomK

62BillT

Well Known Member
62 to 64 ,,,all the same for Impala 2 dr hardtop....same size, different style upholstery,,

Great to revive an old thread. I've also been told that the '61 Impala BubbleTop Rear Seat will fit in a '62 Impala Sport Coupe. If correct, that would mean '61 to '64 would all be the same.

Does everyone out there agree?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The 61 & 62 Belair bubble top seat would not have a Impala Speaker in the seat frame,width should be the same.
A 61 impala bubble top rear seat would have a speaker grille in the seat.

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yes Paul, I stand corrected. 61 Impala, and 61 Bel air 2 dr (bubble top), and 62 Bel Air 2 dr hard top (bubble top) are all the same size width, No speaker in the rear seat....Senior moment, as I used the rear seat from the 62 impala when Jim and I cut the roof off of the Impala and replaced it with a bubble top roof. When I reupholstered the rear seat, I welded a few cross pieces into the space of the rear speaker and padded over it when I upholstered it with the Bel-Air material. Get all of those restorations we did, a little mixed up at times!!!!!!!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Simply put, any 61-64 2 door seats with the end panel pieces will be the same size, top and bottom seat, except convertibles, and Impalas and Parisiennes have speakers.