62 Impala SS restoration video playlist

Colin

and I thought my floors were bad 2 large holes one on each side I have scrapped cars better than that and that car is a 283 . I would say it's and easy 50,000

bobs409

Administrator
When I did my 63 I learned that it doesn't matter how big the hole. If a panel needs replacing, it needs replacing. In my case, I replaced most of the car! There is no way I would take on the amount of work to restore a car for someone. If I did, I'd want the big bucks too. I have a hard enough time keeping motivation going if I own the car. Would be a "sentence" to try and do that for someone else. :D

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
When I viewed that I thought of Jim Sullivan and his prior and current projects :).

The videos are quite motivating, but alas my diminishing mobilities seem be my limit. I still think I can dismantle stuff, and I have great respect for those who can line things up correctly and weld large sheets of pressed metal together :).

Like Bob stated, it doesn't matter if it's a little corrosion or a lot, the major portions need replacement after 60+ years. I have been lucky to have been able to acquire two very solid projects, but the other four are needing most everything. If there's a will there's a way :).

Here's an example of something that needs everything, but it can be brought back in 1000 hours of metal bumping (and a lot of parts):

BA 409.jpg

It's basically a roof and a cowl with a clean title and appropriate tags...

That's pretty much what I started off with the convertible, and while not finished, she is once again solid and in paint :

62 front wheels with Corvette spinners.jpg

Enjoy! TomK